Henry Wine Group
It used to take weeks to get dealer/distributor information. Now, users can get real-time reports and statements. Login and done.
- Build a new dynamic Henry Wine Group corporate site providing public information and dealer/distributor-specific content.
- Unique design
- Custom portfolio searching including advanced search and map-based searches
- Wine portfolio to be automatically updated nightly based on overall inventory
- Show wine-specific attributes including vintage, wine type, product code, bottle size and more
- See where a specific wine can be purchased or enjoyed
- Ability for sales reps to add events
- In-place editing system to provide news and articles from the field. The system must also include training center with recent articles and Peter Neptune (Master Sommelier) picks
- Ability to integrate site with online eBusiness system (For users only)
- Users can store their "favorite" wines and previous searches
- A variety of real-time reports: Inventory activity, inventory depletion, customer depletions, sample depletions, active customers, PO Receipts and Statements.
- Reports can be exported in Excel format or PDF files.
What we didGatelets developed the site and system using Gatelets Clocktower - this was the Gatelets Java MVC framework prior to the Denali work. The site included various challenges around content - we needed a 100% ironclad data mechanism and a way to get content from behind the Henry Wine Group firewalls to the hosted Gatelets system. We never wanted to run these transactions in real-time as this would imply connections on the fly between the Gatelets environment and the secure Henry Wine Group system. We can't go into detail about how this is achieved, however there is a unique setup that enables us to query the content with high stability, security and performance. The system met all the objectives listed above.
Where does the relationship stand?Gatelets continues to support, maintain, monitor and update the Henry Wine Group. We are in constant contact with the Marketing Group at Henry Wine Group and the various IT stakeholders. henrywinegroup.com